Brinkmann Smoker and Grill comes with 2 steel grills with chrome plating. It can hold up to 50lbs of food. Smoker on both sides is provided with wooden handles that remain unaffected by the inside temperature of the smoker. The base of the smoker and grill contains the heating element of 1500W.
The smoker and grill is covered with dome type lid. The opening to the smoker is provided by hinged doors. The steel water pan inside is coated with porcelain and also a vinyl cover is included. The striking feature of the smoker is it’s waist high grill design and base pan design. The product has the dimensions 17×17×35 inches. It is offered with one year limited period warranty.
Brinkmann Smoker is available in 2 varieties. One is Charcoal based and the other is electric. Both of these are available with covers and without covers. This provides the flexibility for both steam cooking and dry cooking. Also the smoker is available in three different colors, red, black and green.
- Great value for the price paid
- Very good entry level smoker and easy to use
- Light in weight
- Inexpensive compared to the other smokers.
- Very well coated on the exteriors, paints won’t flake out.
- Instructions provided with the package are very simple to understand and follow
- The design is aesthetically pleasing
- Smoking and cooking is simple and easy
- Can be used under moist conditions as it rust free
- The metal used for construction is thin.
- The top lid loosely fits on the smoker
- It is difficult to maintain constant temperature inside the smoker during winter. This is because of the thin metal which is prone to exchange heat with the surroundings
- Consumes more time for cooking
- Heating element is not adjustable for regulating the heat
- The door is small in size which makes it difficult to add water or chips inside
- Cleaning the unit is tough
- No temperature adjustments provided
- The door is not intact. It allows air to pass in and out.
- Produces huge amount of smoke while use
- It gets very hot from outside
- It has irregular shaped drum and has no ventilation
This is great entry level product. It is sufficient to smoke a chicken for one time family dinner for 4 members. The price of the product is really inexpensive compared to higher end smokers which tend to cost more than 200$. The list price of the Brinkmann smoker and grill is $180.95, but now it is available at a discounted price of $110.98 or lesser on amazon as prices changes always. Almost half the price compared to other models. If you are looking for a smoker for family use at a cheaper price then this is a good smoker to buy. You may not get features that are found in higher end models but it is a simple and easy to use smoker.