Electric smokers are one the easiest and convenient types of smokers. You can enter the time required to smoke and cook. Electric smokers also reduce the amount of hassle involved in getting the fire started for the smoke. You will find electric smokers of various kinds – Vertical cylindrical shaped smokers, box or cabinet type smokers, residential and commercial smokers etc.
Depending on the type of smoker you have, a variety of meat types and cuts can be smoked in an electric smoker. Here are some recipes which can be prepared in an electric smokers.
- Spare Ribs
|Baby Back Ribs||2 slabs|
|Apple Juice||½ cup|
|Spice Rub||½ cup|
Directions on Electric Smoker Cookbook:
- Use the spice rub to coat both sides of the baby back ribs, generously.
- Ensure that the rub does not contain too much salt.
- Place the ribs in the smoker at a temperature of 225 F.
- Smoke the ribs for 2 hours, after which baste the ribs with a mixture of apple juice and water, on both sides.
- Repeat the basting every 30 minutes.
- The ribs should be done after 4 hours of smoking. Test by pulling the bones apart, meat should come off fairly easy.
- Smoked Brisket
|Brown Sugar||½ cup|
|Paprika powder||½ cup|
|Yellow Mustard||2 cups|
|Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Chilli Powder, Salt||2 tablespoons|
|Onion Powder, Coriander powder, Cayenne Pepper||1 tablespoon|
- Make a spice rub with all the dry spices.
- Cover the brisket with a generous amount of yellow mustard, cover this with the spice rub.
- Smoke the brisket for 4 hours at 200 F, and use Mesquite bisquettes or chips if possible.
- Further cook the brisket for 6 hours or till done.
- Smoked Turkey
|Turkey (10-12 lb)||1|
|Brown sugar||1 cup|
|Cloves, crushed||1 teaspoon|
|Poultry seasoning||1 tablespoon|
- Use the brandy to inject the turkey.
- Coat the turkey with the poultry seasoning on inside and out.
- Use apple or hickory wood to smoke the turkey for 10- – 12 hours.
- The internal meat temperature at breast should reach 155 and at thighs should be 165 F.
- Make sauce using the remaining brandy, honey, brown sugar and cloves.
- Rest the turkey for 30 minutes before serving with the sauce.
- Smoked Shrimps in Shell
|Large Shrimps||2 pounds|
|Melted Butter||½ cup|
|Garlic crushed||4 cloves|
- Wash and clean the shrimps, removing the legs and leaving the shells on.
- Mix the butter, garlic, salt and parsley.
- Coat the shrimps completely with this mixture.
- Keep this in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Smoke the shrimps till the shells turn bright pink.
- If the shrimps are small, they can be placed on grill sheets to prevent them from falling out.
If you enjoyed this Electric Smoker Cookbook, please share with your friends & family members!