The Smokin-It Electric Smoker has the capacity to cook 22 pounds of meat at a time. It has a heating element of 350watt, which works on 120V single phase supply. It is provided with 3 inch rubber casters and 2 removable shelves to place the meat while cooking. It has a solid construction made of 100% stainless steel on its framework. This avoids the stickiness caused by oil or smoke deposits on the interiors, also makes cleaning easy.
Other features in the smoker include drip pan, smoke box and thermostat for controlling the temperature. The smoker on purchase comes fully assembled and is always ready to use instantly. Also a chuck of hickory wood is included as a sample with the package. The interiors of the smoker are fabricated with fiber glass which cuts the in and out of heat and provides good insulation.
The smoker supports a temperature range from 100 to 250 degrees. The heating element of the smoker is provided with a LED light. The quick gain feature of the heating element offers heat within seconds after the smoker is switched on. It uses wood efficiently to produce the required amount of smoke. The product gets a rating of 4.9 stars out of 5 at Amazon. The weight of the product is 59 pounds. It is fitted with trolley wheels which makes transportation easy. The dimensions of this electric smoker are 12.5×17.2×13.5 inches.
- Heating element is easily replaceable at a lower cost
- Keeps the exteriors cool. There are no problems of burning if the smoker is accidentally touched while using.
- Good drip pan
- Has a long cord which provides greater access to power sockets
- Requires very less wood to provide a good smoky flavor
- Can cook large amounts of meat, suited for party cooking
- Sturdy stainless steel construction
- Easily Cleanable
- Instruction manual is detailed and well explained
- Easily transportable in and out of the house
- The smoker does not have a remote heat sensor nor digital controls
- Poor temperature control, the set temperature fluctuates while use.
- It does not support temperature over 155F as USDA specifies a temperature of 165F for cooking chicken.
- Doesn’t provide enough heat to cook chicken, it comes out rubbery.
- Lacks temperature gauge on top
- Details about sample wood are not provided
- Smoker is expensive
Overall the product is worth buying. It has some minor disadvantages but they can be easily handled with slight tweaks. Good quality materials are used in the construction and smooth finish flows on the exteriors. The heating element is durable and can be replaced easily if malfunctioned. But there are many other products in the same range to try. Bothered on how to choose the best smoker? Then consider smoking it as one of the best the industry has with lots of good feedbacks and high quality ratings…
The price of the product is $299 and . Currently the product is only available for shipping inside US. The product while purchased needs to be shipped separately and incurs an additional shipping cost of $49.20. It weighs 62 pounds on delivery.