Chicken is delicious in every way! It is healthy, it is delicious and it is not expensive! There are many ways in which you can cook chicken, you can fry it, you can sauté it on a pan, you can bake it, you can cook it on a soup or a stew, you can grill it, you can slow cook it, and many other ways. Oh! There is one that we were missing! You can smoke it! Smoked chicken it’s just amazing, you will love it! Another reason why smoking chicken it’s a great idea it’s because it does not take a lot of time to cook chicken. If you take 3 hours to smoke meat, smoking chicken takes from 2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes. This blackened chicken recipes taste really good and it also looks really good. It is great to try this recipe with your relatives and friends. If you have friends that are struggling to lose weight, you can share this recipe with them since it tastes good and it is low fat. Let us know how to cook blackened chicken recipe here:
Cooking blackened chicken recipe
Prep-time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 2 hours minutes Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes Serves: 6
• 6 whole chicken breast
• 1 cup of low fat butter
• 1 tbsp of paprika
• 1 tsp of salt
• 1 tsp of onion powder
• 1 tsp of garlic powder
• 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
• 1 tsp of white pepper
• 1 tsp of black pepper
• 1 tsp of fresh thyme leaves
• 1 tsp of dried oregano
• 1 celery stick
• 1 red onion
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 medium carrot
• 1 bell pepper (any color, preferably orange)
• 6 large tomatoes
• 1 tbsp. of olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the smoker to 225°F. If you want, put a bowl with pineapple juice or apple juice into the smoker.
2. In a bowl, mix the onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, white pepper, black pepper, thyme and oregano.
3. Season the chicken breasts with the spices mixture. If you want, add the juice from one lime to them. Place them in the fridge for 30 minutes or, to have optimal results, overnight.
4. Grease a baking tray with olive oil and put the chicken breast onto it.
5. Put the tray into the smoker and let them cook for at least 2 hours.
6. When ready, take them out of the smoker a put them on a bowl.
7. For the salad, cut the celery into cubes.
8. Julienne the carrot and bell pepper.
9. Thinly chop the garlic and the onion.
10. Slice the tomatoes
11. Heat a pan with olive oil and sauté the bell pepper, carrot, garlic, onion and celery for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
12. Mix the sautéed veggies with the sliced tomatoes.
13. Serve the chicken breasts with the salad as a side dish
This Blackened chicken recipe is great and original! You will love it and all your friends and relative are going to love you even more!