Are you the kind of person that likes to try new things? Do you like to be creative and to eat different things every day? If you are looking at this page it means that you are and that you would like to experiment with smoked food. The good thing about smoker recipes is the fact that you can try every single recipe you have with this method. You only need to learn how to use the smoker while preparing the smoker recipes and you also need to learn about the right temperatures and timings. Here it is a recipe I tried a couple of days ago, it was really delicious!
Smoked Paprika Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cook Time: 3 hours .Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes. Serves: 4
• 4 chicken thighs
• 2 tablespoons of powder paprika
• Three garlic cloves
• One tsp of oregano
• 2 large carrots
• One whole lettuce head
• Half cup of olive oil, extra virgin
• 2 tbsps of white vinegar
• Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the electric smoker to 225°F.
2. Separately, chop the garlic and lettuce. Place them on different bowls.
3. In a small bowl, combine paprika, chopped garlic, oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Rub each chicken thigh evenly with previous mixture. Set aside.
5. Cut the carrots into ½ inch sticks.
6. Grease a baking tray with olive oil.
7. Place chicken thighs and carrot sticks onto the prepared tray.
8. Smoke for 3 hours. Remove the carrot sticks after they spend 1 hour in the smoker.
9. Serve golden chicken thighs on top of chopped lettuce. Accompany with carrots.
There are some things that you can change or adjust in this recipe. For example, you can substitute the lettuce with one head of broccoli and you can put the broccoli into the smoker for one hour!
How can you tell if the chicken is ready? If it is hard for you to tell just by the appearance, you can use a thermometer and place it into the thickest part of each thigh for 15-30 seconds. If the temperature holds at least at 165°F then it is ready to eat. Besides being a delicious recipe, it also a healthy recipe. In fact, all the recipes that are smoked are healthier because they don’t need a lot of fat to cook. As a matter of fact, you can place the food over a silpat and you would not have to use any cooking fat at all!
This recipe it is great with many things! If you want to enjoy a complete meal, you can accompany the chicken thighs with quinoa, lentils, white rice, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, yams or any other starch!
Eating smoker recipes it is really delicious, it is healthy and it tastes better! You can use this method on a Sunday and invite your friends and relatives to spend valuable time with you while the food is in the smoker. And when the food is ready… you will just have an even better time!